Staycations, some people love ‘em some people think WHY would you do that? Well, 2020 has really proved to everyone that maybe a staycation isn’t that bad after all. Whether you live in a city or way out in the country, this year has definitely opened our eyes to what we have around us. Maybe you never took the time to explore your local parks, or downtown main streets but this year forced you to buy a compass and start exploring! Wherever you may live, we hope you can enjoy these COVID-friendly local activities.
- Hiking. Grab a friend (or your dog), put on some sneakers and hop on that hiking trail you have been dying to check out in the next town over from you. Not only is hiking great exercise but often there is no cell service on trails, allowing you to get off the grid.. even if it’s for just 45 min.
- Tea tasting & pairing in your backyard, patio or in a local park. Pick up a few Good Earth teas you have never tried before, pop on the kettle, and pour yourself a flight of tea. You can also try pairing different teas with different biscuits and cookies if you are feeling fancy.
- Explore new tea recipes. We know you have admired a few chai tea latte recipes on Instagram, or have been wanting to make your own version of a pumpkin spice latte, so now is the time to channel your inner barista. Start brewing!
- Check out your towns local history. You may be shocked to find out that your town could be home to an old president or maybe was a battleground in the early 1800’s. It’s so easy to live in today’s world that sometimes we forget about the past and the really fascinating things that took place all across our country so many years go.
- Neighborhood scavenger hunt.