sweet & spicy orange apple cider punch
This autumn, serve up some spice with this festive punch recipe, perfect for any Halloween gathering. Take time to savor each sip and enjoy the sweet flavors of fall. Our Sweet & Spicy Orange Apple Cider Punch is simple to make at home with ingredients you may already have in your cabinet. As you know, here at Good Earth, we love adding fruity twists to classic beverages. Using our Sweet & Spicy black tea helps give this punch a sweet burst of orange and cinnamon in every cup.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 Minutes + time for tea to marinate
Yield: 4 Quarts
Servings: 6-8 Drinks
- 8 cups water
- 6 bags of GOOD EARTH SWEET & SPICY tea, paper tags removed
- 8 cups Apple Cider
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 to 1/4 cup sugar, to taste (optional)
- 3 springs fresh thyme
- 2 Blood Oranges, Sliced
- 2 Cara Cara (or Navel) Oranges, Sliced
- 2 Plumcots, Sliced
- 1 Lemon, Sliced
Thyme Sprigs, to garnish individual glasses (if desired)
Ice, to serve
- In a large pot combine the water, apple cider, lemon juice, GOOD EARTH SWEET & SPICY tea bags, ground nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon stick, and springs of thyme. On medium high heat, bring liquid to a boil.
- Optional Step: If you desire a sweeter punch, stir in sugar to taste.
- Turn down heat (to low) and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat and let liquid steep for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Place fruit slices in a large serving container. Remove the tea bags and whole herbs & spices. Pour punch over fruit.
- Let punch come to room temperature, then transfer container to refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours. (Keeping in mind the longer you marinate, the more tart the punch becomes).
- Once ready to serve, taste punch and adjust any additional sugar to taste.
- Serve immediately over ice. Garnish servings with a single sprig of fresh thyme (if desired).
Have fun serving this sweet, spicy, and fruity blend this Halloween. We hope it becomes your go-to Halloween or holiday punch. As always, if you decide to recreate this recipe, let us know by tagging us @goodearthtea on Instagram. Cheers and happy holidays!