Sweet & Spicy Orange Apple Cider Punch
ALL YOU NEED:
- 6 Good Earth Sweet & Spicy Original Decaffeinated tea bags
- 8 cups water
- 8 cups Apple Cider
- 1 ½ tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sliced Blood Oranges
- 2 sliced naval Oranges
- 2 Plumcots, Sliced
- 1 sliced lemon
BREW IT UP:
- In a large saucepan combine the water, apple cider, lemon juice, tea bags, ground nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon stick, and springs of thyme. On medium high heat, bring to a boil.
- If you desire a sweeter punch, stir in sugar to taste.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat and let steep for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Place fruit slices in a large serving container. Remove the tea bags, herbs & spices. Pour punch over fruit.
- Let punch come to room temperature, then transfer container to refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours. (Keeping in mind the longer you marinate, the more tart the punch becomes).
- Serve over ice and garnish servings with a sprig of fresh thyme
Makes 8 Servings