There’s nothing better than that summertime feeling and iced tea is the ultimate warm weather beverage. While summer doesn’t officially start for about a month, we’re too excited to wait to try summer inspired recipes. We found inspiration on the Minimalist Baker’s website. Her peach tea was calling our name and we just had to put a Good Earth spin on it, so we made it using Good Earth Amber Sunset Tea and it was super delicious.
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 ripe peaches (thinly sliced // plus more for serving)
- 2-3 tbsp Good Earth Amber Sunset loose leaf tea
- 8 cups filtered water
- Bring sugar, water, and peaches to a boil in a small saucepan. Then lower heat and use a wooden spoon to stir and crush the peaches to infuse the flavor.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, cover, remove from heat and let steep for 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, brew your Good Earth tea in boiling water using either a large pot or a tea maker.
- Once brewed, strain out loose leaf tea and transfer to a pitcher. Refrigerate to cool.
- Once your simple syrup is finished, pour into a bottle or container over a fine mesh strainer to strain out peaches. You can reserve the peaches for later use, such as to place over oats or ice cream sundaes.
- To serve, either set out simple syrup and add as much to the tea as you like, or add all of the simple syrup to the tea and stir. I prefer leaving it separate. Serve tea over ice and fresh sliced peaches. Recipe as originally written yields about 10 servings (with ice and peaches).
So grab your friends and some glasses and serve up this delicious Peach Iced Tea. It’s the perfect addition to any barbecue, beach day or while reading a book in your backyard. Planning to make this recipe? Be sure to post on Instagram or Facebook and tag us at @GoodEarthTea. Cheers!
With its pleasant mouth feel and gorgeous amber color, you'll want this tea in your cup: sunset, sunrise, or any time.