Have you ever wondered what other ways you can enjoy your tea—besides drinking it? Our friend Dina at Dish It Girl has come up with the perfect sweet treat with one surprising star ingredient—Good Earth’s Puerh Indulgence loose-leaf tea.
These Chocolate Dipped Tea Infused Shortbread Cookies shine with raspberry undertones and are dipped in decadent chocolate. Intrigued? Try the recipe (and serve it with your favorite Good Earth Tea).
Chocolate Dipped Tea Shortbread Cookies
Traditional shortbread cookies flavored with raspberry chocolate tea. Dipped in a fudgy milk chocolate making it a scrumptious treat!
• 1 cup butter unsalted
• ½ cup confectioners sugar
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• ½ tsp salt
• 2 tbsp Good Earth Puerh Indulgence loose-leaf tea, pulsed in food processor until it’s a fine powder
• 6oz milk chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and confectioners sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer until fluffy.
3. In a small bowl sift together the flour, salt, and loose tea leaves. Add to the butter mixture.
4. Continue to mix until a soft dough forms. At first, it may seem crumbly. That is okay! Try using your hands halfway through to form dough into a ball.
5. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is about 1/4 of an inch thick.
6. Cut out cookies using a 2 inch round cookie cutter. Or the bottom of a small juice glass.
7. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 18-20 minutes or until edges are a golden brown and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
8. Meanwhile, melt chocolate using a double broiler or microwave.
9. Dip cooled cookies half way into the chocolate and drain excess off. Place back onto the cooling rack.
10. Place cookies in the fridge to cool and harden chocolate.
Tip: Put parchment paper under the cooling rack to catch the chocolate drippings!